Below are some basic recommendations to follow for optimizing your sports nutrition on a daily basis.
1. Avoid processed and packaged foods.
2. Include lots of vegetables of different varieties and different colours.
3. In general, choose complex carbohydrates including quinoa, whole grains, vegetables, fruits, beans, legumes (lentils, chick peas, beans), nuts, and seeds.
4. Avoid simple carbohydrates often found in breakfast cereals, white bread, pastries (cakes, cupcakes, muffins), candy, sweet drinks (including fruit juices), sugars, and syrups.
5. Eat healthy protein sources throughout the day such as eggs, tuna, hemp hearts, quinoa, nut butters, legumes (lentils, chick peas, beans), poultry, fish, and grass-fed meat.
6. Reduce your consumption of saturated animal fats, and trans fats (red meat, butter, cheese, ice cream).
7. Increase your consumption of healthy fats (olive oil, peanut oil, fish, flax, avocado, nuts, and seeds).
The information and advice provided in this program is intended to assist you with improving your performance, as well as your general health. It is intended to compliment your training plan and not instead of guidance from your coach. It should also not be used in place of advice from a doctor or for treatment or diagnosis of any specific health issue. By participating in this program you assume any risks, and that you release Impactic Sport from any responsibility or claim relating to such participation.