1. Melatonin is the hormone that makes you sleepy, and it is released at night when it’s dark.
2. Light reduces your melatonin levels, which can lead to disrupted sleep.
3. Make sure your bedroom is really dark in order to set yourself up for a good night sleep.
4. Little things like covering up your alarm clock lights or getting dark curtains for your windows will help!
5. This also means getting rid of your screens if you have them in the bedroom. Television, tablets, mobile phones all compromise your ability to fall asleep