In general, you only need water during your workouts. However, If you are doing a hard endurance workout, training for a triathlon or marathon or doing multiple workouts in one day then you can benefit from having some carbohydrates during your practice.
1. For exercise <1 hour, sip water as needed.
2. For exercise 60mins-2 hours, 30g/hour of carbohydrate may be beneficial.
3. For 2-3 hour exercise, it is important to refuel with carbohydrate (60g/hour).
4. These can be in the form of a beverage, gel or bar (low-protein, low-fat, low-fiber), depending on your personal preference.
5. You can consider adding branch chain amino acids (BCAAs) to these options. BCAAs are special protein components that can be used as fuel during exercise. BCAA powder can be easily added to liquids to boost performance further.
6. Unfortunately, the sports drinks that tend to follow these ratios are also full of additives. You might want to consider Homemade Sports Drinks.
The information and advice provided in this program is intended to assist you with improving your performance, as well as your general health. It is intended to compliment your training plan and not instead of guidance from your coach. It should also not be used in place of advice from a doctor or for treatment or diagnosis of any specific health issue. By participating in this program you assume any risks, and that you release Impactic Sport from any responsibility or claim relating to such participation.